Rigaku Launches New Handheld Analyzer to Combat the Dangerous Illicit Drug Supply Market
September 28, 2023 - Rigaku Analytical Devices announces the launch of the handheld CQL Narc-ID 1064 nm Raman analyzer for the presumptive identification of narcotics, precursor chemicals, and cutting agents - even in non-visible amounts with the optional QuickDetect feature. Designed for counter-narcotic agencies, law enforcement, crime laboratories, prison facilities, customs agencies, or public safety efforts, the CQL Narc-ID can have a direct impact on protecting communities from dangerous chemicals that currently pervade through the illicit drug supply market. The utilization of 1064 nm Raman technology means users have the ability to scan through translucent packaging and identify dirty or mixed substances at the point of need, a common issue for older Raman technology.
The CQL Narc-ID joins Rigaku's portfolio of existing handheld 1064 nm Raman analyzers, including the CQL Max-ID and the CQL Gen-ID. The Narc-ID is different in that it was developed specifically for narcotics analysis. This means users benefit from a smaller, focused, specialized library, specialized algorithms with an optimized result output, as well as the ability to easily create PDF reports for evidentiary needs.
The on-board library contains an extensive list of narcotics, precursor chemicals, cutting agents, pharmaceuticals, steroids, and more. Users benefit from a library that is built and validated directly on the device, rather than spectra purchased and imported from third parties. Users have access to the latest cathinones, cannabinoids, fentanyls, opioids, tryptamines, amphetamines, nitazenes, and more.
Other features unique to the new CQL Narc-ID Raman analyzer include:
- Rapid results that are easy to interpret
- Identify bulk (with Raman) and trace levels of substances (with optional QuickDetect)
- Automated recipe monitoring with 4C Technology
- Ability to build and add user items with configurable library management
- Operate a streamlined GUI via button or touchscreen
- Add memos and pictorial evidence to PDF reports using on-board camera for traceability
- Transfer results via WiFi, USB, or Peer-to-Peer
- Compatible with Rigaku's CommandSuite Fleet Management software
- Certified environmental ruggedization with MIL-8010G / IP-68 certification
- Long batter life of over 5 hours (also hot swappable)
- 2 years of warranty coverage
"We're pleased to offer users focused on counter-narcotics applications a cutting-edge solution to replace older technology," said Chris Langford, VP Marketing & Product Management. "All communities are being negatively impacted by the dangerous illicit drug supply chain, and we have reacted to the need for new presumptive testing capabilities with the release of the CQL Narc-ID."
The CQL Narc-ID will be demonstrated at the upcoming International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) annual conference taking place in San Diego, CA from October 14-17, 2023.
The Rigaku CQL Narc-ID is supported by Rigaku's global sales and distribution channels. For more information on the CQL Narc-ID or to request a quote, please click here.