Rigaku Releases Major Software Upgrade for Handheld Raman Devices with Enhanced GUI and Analytical Workflow
August 15, 2022 - Rigaku Analytical Devices, a pioneer in handheld 1064 nm Raman spectroscopy, announces the release of a new software version for their ResQ CQL product line. The Rigaku ResQ CQL 2.0 analyzer delivers an upgraded graphical user interface (GUI) providing a more streamlined workflow making it even easier to use, coupled with algorithm enhancements - including the analysis of mixtures.
The ResQ CQL, released in 2018, was based on Rigaku’s award-winning original ResQ 1064 nm Raman analyzer platform. The ResQ CQL offers users advanced analytical chemical identification using the advantage of 1064 nm Raman laser excitation which reduces fluorescence interference, in a new tactical form factor. With thousands of units successfully deployed around the world, first responders, border protection, law enforcement, and the military have chosen Rigaku’s handheld Raman portfolio to rapidly identify chemical threats - such as explosives, chemical warfare agents (CWAs), precursors, hazardous chemicals, narcotics, and more – in high stress environments.
The ResQ CQL 2.0 is the next generation of analyzers approved by the U.S. DoD JPEO DR SKO Program and delivers features including:
- Simplified, larger on-screen buttons for easier navigation
- Attractive, familiar icons for easy use in all light conditions
- More streamlined navigation simplifying operation and reducing training time
- Key information presented on the result screens in order to provide faster action
- Improved analytical performance with an improved data collection and automated mixture algorithm providing even novice users with high performance, quality scans
- Integrated Chemwatch SDS information
- Enhanced device-to-device user library transfer
- Pre-configured setting selections based on application
- Additions to the on-board library, including narcotics and chemical warfare agents
“The goal of this new software was really to improve the overall user experience overall,” said Chris Langford, VP Marketing & Product Management. “We wanted to reduce the cognitive load on the operator by having them make fewer decisions and do less configuring of settings in order to perform a high-quality scan. We want a “push button, get answer” workflow with reliable results every time.”
Current users of the ResQ CQL can expect to receive this software upgrade free of charge.
The Rigaku ResQ CQL 2.0 is supported by Rigaku’s global sales and support distribution channels, offering 24/7 Reachback support, and access to spectral library and software updates.
For more information on the ResQ CQL 2.0, or to request the software, please visit our Support page.