With safe injection sites becoming more commonplace and government supported, we must have a discussion around the help and harm of these locations.
In this episode, Jennifer Lynch and Michael Brown discuss:
- Where do we draw the line on what an individual can use in these locations?
- Is there an “off ramp” designed with these safe injection sites?
- Reflecting on the crack epidemic and its impact on the black community. Will history repeat itself due to these “safe sites?”
- The real long term effects of narcotics regardless of if its users can use them safely
- The legal vs. ethical issue of safe injection sites - do they violate the ""Crack House Statute" of The Controlled Substances Act
Listen and subscribe on your favorite podcast player:
To make sure you never miss an episode of The Opioid Matrix, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, the website, or your favorite podcast player here: https://plinkhq.com/i/1625927161?to=page